Do you use a Foam Roller?
There are many reasons to incorporate Foam Rolling into your self-care practice.
Benefits can include:
* Reduced pain and muscle soreness
* Increased blood flow and oxygen to the muscle tissues, helping to speed up the natural healing process.
* Improved flexibility – combined with stretching and rehabilitation.
* Stress reduction – releasing stress related tight spots can help you to feel much more relaxed
* Increased range of motion
Our Top Tips for using your foam roller:
* Go easy at the start – Foam rolling can be a little bit uncomfortable particularly over tender or tight areas – so go lightly if you find an area particularly painful.
* Use your body weight to adjust the pressure to find the best level for you.
*Start with just 10 seconds, working your way up to 30-60 seconds per area
If you would like to know more or to get specific advice for your needs, speak to your physio at your next appointment.
Keen to get started? We have a range of Foam Rollers available for purchase at the practice – please contact reception 9791 1305, or pop in to buy yours today!