What is best for you to do if you get a Strain or Sprain?
A good warm-up prior to your workout/sport is great at preventing injuries from occurring in the first place.
However, if you do fall victim to a sprain and/or strain, we recommend the following immediate treatment:
* Use ice-packs every two hours, applied for 15 minutes (separated from the skin by wet toweling)
* Compress or bandage the injured site firmly, extending the wrapping from below to above the injury
* Elevate the injured area above the heart wherever practical
* Avoid exercise, heat, alcohol, and massage, which can exacerbate swelling
* For a more speedy recovery, see your physiotherapist as soon as possible after the injury.
Book your appointment today by calling our friendly reception team on 9791 1305.